This policy has been created to inform you how we process your personal data, including:
- Storage and
Richard Alan, hereafter known as RA, respects and values the security and privacy of its employees, customers, suppliers and other third parties. RA follows strict security procedures in relation to the storage and disclosure of personal information in order to prevent unauthorised access to it. RA aims to comply with applicable standards, legislation and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private
- Not to sell your data
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
We keep you informed about why and how we process your personal data and only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it. Your personal data is not shared outside RA unless there is a lawful basis to do so. We have the right to process your personal data where one of the following applies:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to process your personal information. If we rely on our legitimate interest to use your information, then we will tell you so we are open, fair and lawful.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Group Human Resources Manager, Claire Westerman at ClaireWesterman@richardalan.co.uk or on 01924 484374.
The information we collect and how we use it
RA is committed to ensuring that the privacy of users is protected. RA may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data (this list is non-exhaustive):
- information provided to us in order to provide you a service on behalf of our customers
- information you provide to us related to a child in order to provide you a service on behalf of our customers
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- information about your visits to, and use of, this website (e.g. your IP address), geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit to this website and the number of page views so that we can optimise your website experience, including name and email address
- any other information that users choose to send to us from time to time, to provide a service
RA, its subcontractors and/or associated companies may contact you by post, email, fax or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services. RA, its subcontractors and/or associated companies may also wish to provide you with information about special features of RA’s website or any other news, services or products which we think may be of interest to you, based on your past preferences.
Contact us at GDPR@richardalan.co.ukto let us know if you would like to receive this information from us, and by which method.
If you wish to stop receiving some or all of the information that RA may send, you can amend or remove your details at any time by emailing a request to us atGDPR@richardalan.co.uk
RA does not sell the personal information that we hold on you. Information may move between RA and authorised third parties in order to provide you with the service required. No personal data is transferred outside the UK.
RA applies its retention policy so that personal data is retained only for the period that it is required, after which time, the data is securely deleted.
RA does not use automated decision-making or use the personal data collected for profiling of individuals.
Your Rights as the Data Subject
In accordance with your rights under GDPR, you may:
- request an amendment of your personal data processed by RA,
- request access to your personal data
- object to processing or withdraw consent at any time where we have relied on your consent to process your personal data
- request the personal data is not further processed while an issue is resolved
- request that you are not subject to automated-decisions or profiling
- choose to stop receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time
Security of your information
RA follows strict security procedures in relation to the storage and disclosure of the information given to us and we adhere to strict security standards. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server behind a firewall. We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information transmitted through the website. RA’s internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
Personal data is held on RA’s “contacts and administration” database either because of work RA has undertaken or is currently engaged in, or because RA believes that clients and other registered website users may be interested in receiving material from RA about our business and services. This allows RA to manage our relationships effectively and ensure that you do not receive unwanted communications or material.
Analysis of your information on our website
RA uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
Cookies for our website
This website contains links to other websites. RA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and makes no representation or warranty about the suitability or content of those websites, or that they will be error-free.